Did I say holidays? Yes- I sure did! Our holiday season started on Wednesday with a trip to Disneyland. It was Veteran's Day (or as Maddie calls it "Veterinarian's Day) so everyone else had the same idea (crowded is an understatement)! Disney officially opened the Xmas season on the Friday after- but we found most of the park ready and decorated!
We put up with the crowds for awhile and the girls were good sports about having to wait a little longer for some of the rides. Below- Emily is in line for the Haunted Mansion- she decided the door behind her was the "stuff closet"- you know that you put stuff in, like batteries. :o)
Disney is also preparing for their new Princess movie- to welcome Princess Tiana to the park they have a Jubilee show on the river front, complete with umbrella parade procession to the Mark Twainn. (The movie is set in New Orleans)
Once on the boat it comes back to the front of New Orleans square for a singing and dancing jubilee (complete with trumpet playing crocodile)!
Now check out Ashley below...
the show was winding down, Emily has already told me she needed to go to the bathroom (she drank her entire drink in line at the Haunted Mansion)
so imagine my surprise as we dashed off to get to the bathroom as the show was ending- to turn around and see Ashley holding her tooth! Yes- Ashley lost her first tooth at Disneyland! We stopped for a moment to collect ourselves and celebrate- I shoved the tooth into my pocket (ick!) and off we ran again towards the bathroom.
She was quite proud of herself!
Afterwards we found where pictures could be taken with the new princess, she wasn't there yet- so I opted to take a picture with MY princesses.
We then decided to move on. The girls in front of Sleeping Beauty's castle.
We went into Toon Town at this point to ride Gadet's Go Coaster. It's a 20 second ride (seriously!) and a miniature roller coaster (kind of an intro to roller coasters). We got on the ride and I had one of those "uh-oh" moments as I watched Maddie and Emily get in one car together
and I got in with Ashley.
Ever have one of those, "I'm not sure this is a good idea" moments? Yeah- I had one right about now as I watched them with their hands up like pros getting ready for their first solo ride (without an adult) roller coaster- eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
20 seconds later- everyone was fine, the girls were laughing and happy and I was exhausted. LOL Time to start heading out of the park. Since Toon Town is at the very back, we opted to ride the train to the front of Main Street.
Once on Main Street we stopped to get Ashley an "I'm Celebrating" pin to mark her lost tooth. S he was very proud of that too.
We went out of the park and took some pictures with the CALIFORNIA sign out front of CA Adventure. All don eup in candy cane stripes for the holidays. You don't get to see the best pictures though- because quite unbelievably- I got part of our Christmas card picture!!!! YAAAAAYYYYY!!!!! So here's a few to tie you over until the big reveal. :o)
Disneyland during the holidays is amazing. The decorations alone are worth the trip to see. We'll be making several more trips in the coming months to enjoy all there is to offer (including snow on Main Street!)
Picture from the Tooth Fairy visit that evening are coming next!
We put up with the crowds for awhile and the girls were good sports about having to wait a little longer for some of the rides. Below- Emily is in line for the Haunted Mansion- she decided the door behind her was the "stuff closet"- you know that you put stuff in, like batteries. :o)
Disney is also preparing for their new Princess movie- to welcome Princess Tiana to the park they have a Jubilee show on the river front, complete with umbrella parade procession to the Mark Twainn. (The movie is set in New Orleans)
Once on the boat it comes back to the front of New Orleans square for a singing and dancing jubilee (complete with trumpet playing crocodile)!
Now check out Ashley below...
the show was winding down, Emily has already told me she needed to go to the bathroom (she drank her entire drink in line at the Haunted Mansion)
so imagine my surprise as we dashed off to get to the bathroom as the show was ending- to turn around and see Ashley holding her tooth! Yes- Ashley lost her first tooth at Disneyland! We stopped for a moment to collect ourselves and celebrate- I shoved the tooth into my pocket (ick!) and off we ran again towards the bathroom.
She was quite proud of herself!Afterwards we found where pictures could be taken with the new princess, she wasn't there yet- so I opted to take a picture with MY princesses.
We then decided to move on. The girls in front of Sleeping Beauty's castle.
We went into Toon Town at this point to ride Gadet's Go Coaster. It's a 20 second ride (seriously!) and a miniature roller coaster (kind of an intro to roller coasters). We got on the ride and I had one of those "uh-oh" moments as I watched Maddie and Emily get in one car together
and I got in with Ashley.
Ever have one of those, "I'm not sure this is a good idea" moments? Yeah- I had one right about now as I watched them with their hands up like pros getting ready for their first solo ride (without an adult) roller coaster- eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
20 seconds later- everyone was fine, the girls were laughing and happy and I was exhausted. LOL Time to start heading out of the park. Since Toon Town is at the very back, we opted to ride the train to the front of Main Street.
Once on Main Street we stopped to get Ashley an "I'm Celebrating" pin to mark her lost tooth. S he was very proud of that too.
We went out of the park and took some pictures with the CALIFORNIA sign out front of CA Adventure. All don eup in candy cane stripes for the holidays. You don't get to see the best pictures though- because quite unbelievably- I got part of our Christmas card picture!!!! YAAAAAYYYYY!!!!! So here's a few to tie you over until the big reveal. :o)
Disneyland during the holidays is amazing. The decorations alone are worth the trip to see. We'll be making several more trips in the coming months to enjoy all there is to offer (including snow on Main Street!)Picture from the Tooth Fairy visit that evening are coming next!
2 comments:
very cute pics!!! they totally make me want to go there someday.
p.s. i'm gonna email you about MckMama's purse contest. :)
Didn't you learn from my mistake? Don't let them drink at Disneyland. LOL!!!! Anyway I agree completely now. Disney at Christmas time is spectacular! (ps. next time let me know and Emma can wear her white shirt like the girls...she also has the puprple one) and we can have quads!!!
Post a Comment