Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Tinkerbell

My mom, Aunt Chelle and I took the girls to Hollywood last week to the El Capitan theater. The theater is run by Disney and shows Disney movies for short runs. This was a first for the girls and we got to see the new Tinkerbell movie that is coming out on DVD on the big screen!

So you can BARELY see the white letters on the hillside that are the Hollywood sign.
It ended up being 100 degrees out that day- phew- it was HOT! We had lunch at Johnny Rockets at the Hollywood and Highland mall across the street (next to the Kodak theater that is home to the Oscars)- apparently I am a regular at Johnny's :)
We walked around a bit to kill some time. The El Capitan theater is across the street in the picture below...We went to check out Mann's Chinese Theater with all the hand and footprints. We didn't stay long because it was in the direct sun and let's just say the Holly"weird" were out in full force! The girls haven't learned the art of having a "filter" so we were able to dodge a few bullets and had to answer a few too (like why the Elmo character had such a funny voice- not at all like Elmo's).
The theater also has a small soda fountain shop with this Mickey out front...
The theater was blissfully air conditioned and we settled into our seats and enjoyed the pre- movie entertainment of the organ and Tinkerbell even came out and did a dance (to which Ashley told Grammie- "I thought Tinkerbell was small! That's not Tink!") Maddie was a bit overstimulated by the whole event and ended up making several potty runs. She got scared at one point too which was another trip out, but from what I saw of the movie- its really cute!
We hadn't been to the movies in a theater in over a year (Ratatouille)- what a huge difference! (But isn't that what I always say?)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh how I LOVED going to El Capitan! Maybe next time we are in town, we can all go together! Hugs for the girls!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow your girls got to see some cool sites!!!!!! IM jealous!!!

Hugs,Leslie