Friday, April 10, 2009

FFF: A Fine Line Between Cute and ICK!

Meet Emily's pet snail. Emily usually is freaked out when it comes to bugs (especially bees) but snails on the other hand make her very maternal. She loves carrying them around, putting them in her bug catcher and picking leaves and flowers for them.
We were out in the front yard today enjoying the sun, it was windy and there was a chill in the air, but still nice out. We tried to ignore the incoming dark clouds and the possible rain in them. Emily found this snail and had to take care of him. She first put him in the basket on the back of her tricycle. Then she decided to keep him with her on the playhouse.
I couldn't resist snapping these pictures. I think they're neat (even though I am grossed out at the thought of the slime on that snail).


She ultimately put him in the bug catcher with some leaves and left him under my care (meaning I got to hold the carrier in my lap) while she finished playing with her sisters. Lucky for the snails she has so far agreed to let them loose at the end of each day!
We hope you have a wonderful weekend! We're looking forward to seeing lots of family and friends on Sunday! HAPPY EASTER!

To see more Favorite Foto Fridays (No theme this week!) make sure you check out Sarah's blog!

8 comments:

Melinda said...

Love those close-ups of your daughter and her snail! Very creative!! But I'm with you, snails kinda gross me out! :-)

Melinda

Tracy said...

Those are such gorgeous pictures. Such concentration! Your girls are getting so big.

Kim & Dave said...

Such great pics!

Slime (of any "creature variety") grosses me out, too!

Linda Ashcraft said...

I love those close-up pictures, too - so cute. I think snails with their shells on are kind of cute - but without the shells - YUCK!

Katrina said...

I just love the pictures! The one with just her eye and the snail coming out is my fav!

Lund7 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lund7 said...

Great close-ups! Your girls are so cute! Have a blessed happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

OK OK EWWW EWWW EWW!! My abby loves snakes and bugs too!!! WHAT is wrong with these sweet girls! lol

Love the pics!