Saturday, September 12, 2009

First Day of Kindergarten!

No- I never thought this day would come. Yes, I am in denial! September 10, 2009 was the day my BABIES went to Kindergarten! It seems like yesterday we were trying to juggle schedules, bottles, diapers and sleep. We weren't sure who was going to help my mom watch the girls when I went back to work. And now- here we are- 5 years later- with Kindergartners!

We started the special morning with a special breakfast! The girls asked for bacon, eggs and pancakes. Everyone ate pretty well and the marathon of getting ready began! Rick has started a new job recently and thankfully his boss is family oriented and said it was ok for Rick to come to school with us! The girls helped me choose their first day of school outfits the day before (we had a fashion show with Grammie). I will not be dressing them a like at school to help the teachers and assistants get to know each of the girls as individuals (though I still think they look cute matching!) We have decided to place them in the same room this year- if anything to make me feel better knowing they are there for each other!


EMILY

ASHLEY

MADELINE

There's something reassuring knowing they are doing this TOGETHER!

We loaded up the van and took the short drive to school!

This is the same school that Rick and I both went to so it was a familiar feeling walking back onto campus. So much is the same and yet there are many differences.

Waiting for the gates to open to go find our room!

Here's our room! Everyone has their own desk this year!

Meeting their teacher- Mrs. B., taking attendance- we are her first set of triplets in her 30 years of teaching! I think 30 years of teaching makes her great for the challenge! LOL After a brief parent meeting we were asked to leave. Madeline was fine and barely had time to give me a kiss, Emily gave me a hug and a kiss and lingered a bit, Ashley started to cry. :( I expected her to (we started having this happen towards the end of Pre-K last year) and I had warned Mrs. B about it. I gave her a hug and a kiss, promised I would be back soon. Emily took one hand and Mrs. B took the other and off they went and out the door I went. Sigh... A couple hours later I was back with Grammie to pick them up (they had early dismissal the first 2 days). Everyone was smiling and happy to see us. I think it is going to be a great year! To celebrate we took the girls to Bob's Big Boy to use some of their rewards certificates from the summer reading program!We then went home to rest and get ready for Day 2! Grammie dropped them off and I picked them up. They showed Grammie the ropes and did just as great! I'm so proud of my girls!

1 comment:

Karen B said...

Aw! How sweet that the girls are off to kingarten! They look so grown up now and have really came into their own looks! They really are individuals, which I just love with our triplets. I keep saying I'll be thrilled when mine are gone, like I was with my older boys. I was excited for them to do a new thing. But I'm sure with my trio being my last I may not be as excited for them, but sad for me, lol. Then again... LOL!

~Karen B