Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ashley's Disneyland Day!

Ashley and I headed out to the Happiest Place on Earth on Monday to share her Mommy Date day. We got into the van and she started to talk and NEVER stopped! LOL My little middle child is quite the talker! We had a wonderful time. It was HOT and it was humid, but we stayed cool and drank a lot of water. The air quality is horrible right now due to the local fires so she got to ride in the stroller all day to try and keep her asthma at bay and I had the travel nebulizer on hand just in case (we never had to use it! Phew!)I wasn't sure how Ashley was going to approach this day. She is usually quiet and "go with the flow" so i wasn't sure how she would be with giving the orders. In the end she ended up doing several things that Madeline did (because Madeline did them- like Big Thunder Railroad and Matterhorn). Below she is telling me- I can't believe I just went on that crazy train~ whose plan was that? and some things we did because Emily wanted her to (because Emily told her- "pet the goats for me!")- I just love this smile! and then she picked several things that SHE wanted to do; like the teacups... ... and Dumbo (we also rode Autopia, Finding Nemo and Alice in Wonderland as well as several Fantasyland rides)All in all she loved her day and surprisingly her favorite part was Splash Mountain! She loved it so much we rode on in TWICE! Wow! That's my girl! After the second ride we were much wetter and refreshed! We ended the day with a snack picnic on the Rivers of America waiting to watch Fantasmic! Somehow I got her onto my shoulders and she had a perfect view of the whole thing. I love my little Ashley-bean!

1 comment:

Mama Eve said...

WONDERFUL! I bet you she will never forget this special date with you. I hope to be able to do the same one of these days...if the smoke ever lets up! Love the pic after the crazy train...she's grasping her heart! lol