Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It NEVER rains in Southern California !!!!?

I think we get the "lame weather" award for the year here in SoCal. Sure we've had some amazing days- but our summer was less than stellar and now that we are into Autumn- well- we got slammed with a storm this week that yes, was much needed, but was not convenient to our plans at all! (Because it's all about us right?) Ho hum- we made due and ran with Mother Nature as we ventured to Disneyland last night for our annual trick or treat night at the park.This year they moved the event to the Disneyland side, instead of California Adventure. This of course allowed for more tickets to be sold, I'm sure. Bundled in our rain gear and Halloween costumes- we set out for the park- with a brilliant display of lightning in the distance. Ah- the things we do for our children!The girls took it all in stride and had a wonderful time. Emily stepped off the tram into a puddle up to her knees and spent the entire night in soaking wet shoes, pants and socks. Never complained once! Such a trooper! Her poor feet though looked worse than prunes when we took her shoes and socks off at the car. Emily is a vampire this year, Madeline is Cleopatra and Ashley is Princess Tiana from The Princess and the Frog movie.

Did anyone order a pizza???We were able to ride some of our favorite rides (Haunted Mansion- done up for Nightmare Before Christmas and Pirates) and we then met up with the Jarboe family for some trick or treating fun!
Emma wasn't too sure about the whole thing- but she was having a good time by night's end.
We were rained on for a good couple hours in the beginning- but the skies did clear eventually. We left the park happy with many full bags of treats (and three tired girls!).

3 comments:

Michelle.Jarboe said...

I'd say we had 4 tired girls! lol but like you said.. well worth it in the end... even though I wasn't sure at all when I got there if it was going to be worth it all!!! lol
HUGS!!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun day for the girls! I loved all the costumes... especially the domino's pizza and pizza man. Too funny! I cannot believe how big Emma is!!!

mom of 5 said...

That post from anonymous is from me! ooops! Sorry about that! Sheri