Friday, April 25, 2008

FFF #5- Spring has Sprung!

Spring has been in SoCal for some time now- thank goodness! We've had record highs lately, but mild weather in between. I thought I saw signs of sprinkles yesterday- but no way! I took 2 days off of work this week and took advantage of this to take the girls to Disneyland today- just the 4 of us. I got a sunburn- yep- Spring is here! We had a great time- I had them wear their big floppy strawberry hats and dressed them a like to make it easier for me to identify them in a crowd. We get more attention this way- but it eases my mind to not have to think what everyone is wearing.

We drew a lot of attention on Main Street while having an ice cream break before heading home. Can you believe I let Maddie choose CHOCOLATE ice cream? Only reason- she always finishes hers and I don't have to :)


Spring also brought about a chance to do a new adventure! We took the girls to fly kites for the first time 2 weeks ago. They were given kites for their birthday (thank you Morgan family!) and couldn't wait to get out and fly them. Of course we picked the weekend with record breaking highs to do it, so our plans to do it on the beach were squashed- we drove by at 2:30 and it was mobbed. So off to a local park we went and it was deserted (they were all at the beach). We got out and noticed almost immediately a lot of red in the grass. And the red was moving. LADYBUGS, everywhere! It was fascinating! I've never seen so many in one place (besides the time my mom bought a box of them to sprinkle around the yard- she dropped the box at one point and it was like a ladybug party popper went off! LOL)- the girls loved it- were a bit squeemish at first- but got right into it- so much for flying kites! The adults ended up doing the running for the most part with the kites and but the girls each had a go at flying their kites- pausing now and then to pick up ladybugs. No one wanted to leave-but i'm sure the ladybugs were happy to see us go!
Ashely bonded with all her ladybugs and spoke gentle words to them

Emily actually has a ladybug on the tip of her finger above.

Maddie was more into flying the kites with Daddy (who by the way is clean shaven again!) she did pause now and then to check out the butterflies- but her main drive was flying kites!

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love, love, love their strawberry hats! TOO CUTE! I say dress those little cuties alike for as long as you can! Even though there is 2 1/2 years between K & M, I dressed them alike often. Recently K (the older) told me "M cannot dress like me anymore. Not even pajamas!" Guess those days are over!

Have fun scrapbooking!
Jennifer

Lisa and Madeline said...

How fun- great pictures. Your girls are always so cute together and it looks like they have a ball. How cool you can just go to Disney and it be so close. We go every year..in Orlando of course. This year will be Madeline's 5th trip (& she just turned 5).

I love the pictures of the ladybug and the girls in their hats. I work at Gymboree part-time and noticed the hats right away. We are having a friends and family event May 8-11 and I have a coupon for a great discount I could mail you. Just email me your address and I will send you if interested.

lkpbuzz@aol.com

Have a great weekend. Sorry my comment was so long:)

Sarah said...

Oh what fun! Disneyland, kites and ladybugs... oh my! Love them in their hats too! What fun times and great memroeis!

Tina said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE the hats! It looks like tons of fun.

Rebekah said...

Truly beautiful pictures ... I love the ones of them flying the kite and just looking up ... but my favorite is the ladybug on the finger ... too precious! Thank you for sharing your Spring photos ... Have a Great Weekend!

Rebekah and Jaden!

Jenelle said...

Those hats are so adorable! I love them! Kite flying is so much fun! That's always one of my favorite things to do in the spring.

Ellie said...

I SOOOOOOOOO LOVE THE HATS!~

LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN~

HUGS
Ellie

Rachel said...

LOVE those strawberry hats - how adorable!

Tricia said...

Okay, that is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Friday!

Tracy said...

Your girls are gorgeous, I love the strawberry hats.

Our Family of 5 said...

Ok, hands down the hats are a huge hit! I too love them!! Love the lady bug pictures! Happy Friday!

Becca said...

Love, love, love the hats and the ladybug pic!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures!!!! The strawberry hats are so precious and the ladybug pic is too cute! You have a beautiful family!