Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Words Can Not Describe...

Imagine if you can your 13 closest friends. The ones who totally get you. You've known some of them for over 3 years. You've laughed, cried, cheered and celebrated every moment of their lives and they yours. You can tell them anything and they will not judge, just support. I spent a weekend June 12-14th with 13 ladies just like this, my support network, my rocks, my cheerleaders, my shoulders... it was amazing! Want to know the most amazing part- more than 1/2 of them I had never "met" before that Friday!

I've been a part of an online/email triplet group for some time now (many of their blogs are linked in my sidebar). From this group I have built a life-long friendship with these amazing moms of multiples and we email often. A few months ago we started to discuss meeting up and well- what better place than VEGAS? Plans were set in motion- soon we had hotel rooms and travel plans booked and it was a reality! We were actually going to be able to give more than a virtual hug! The anticipation began to build as the weekend got closer!

June 12, 13, 14, 2009 will forever be in my heart as the weekend I got to hug and HEAR my closest friends. We have shared 1000's of emails (literally!) and yet some of us had never spoken to each other and we laughed over the fact that we didn't know how to pronounce some last names!

I was one of the last to arrive in Vegas Friday night, with Tanya M (we have 3 Tanyas!)- we drove in. We surprised the group by arriving early- only to find they had all gone downtown! We took the chance to get settled into our room, change and sample the Mai Tais we brought (delivered to me by Eve the day before). When at last word came that everyone was coming my heart swelled and I was so excited! The first person entered our room and well, words just can not describe the emotion and feeling I went through to finally see these women in person, who mean so much to me. I know I screamed in excitement, there were lots of hugs. (and yes- security was called- BOO!) We were like old friends just picking up conversations where we had left off online. 14 moms of multiples- 57 kids between all of us (some have more than the triplets!)-on our own in Vegas and we hit the town running from there and had the most amazing weekend! We'd gather as one and then part on to do separate things through out the weekend. The only thing on our agenda- to enjoy each others company and have fun. Mission accomplished!
Where were all the kids you ask? Our wonderful husbands, and extended families in some cases, all took the reigns at home and held it all together so that we could have this much needed weekend. We were sad that 2 of our friends were not able to join us and thought about them all weekend. We hope that our plans next time will be able to have them join us too. Oh yes - there WILL be a next time!!!
Our shirts say, "M.O.M. of Multiples: Ditched the Kids for Vegas" (we weren't too excited about leaving everyone at home now were we?) To the ladies that journeyed to Vegas and the 2 that did not, thank you so much for your continued love and support all these years. It was wonderful to finally see some of you face to face, talk without waiting for a delayed answer and laugh out loud without the virtual LOL's. We were brought together by this amazing thing that is having triplets and yet- it is the bonds that have formed as a result that will keep us friends forever!

8 comments:

Mama Eve said...

Thank you for your words, your support, and your friendship! It really was an amazing weekend and one I'll also never forget. What a great post!

Mandy said...

Thanks so much! I couldn't have said it better myself!!!!! Now I really miss all of my friends!!!! We watched Bolt today, and the scene of Vegas has a whole new meaning now!!! LOL!!!!

Tanya Siekman said...

It truly was amazing wasn't it? I'm happy to have been a part of that weekend and I too can't wait until next year!

MamaJunie said...

It was amazing!! I thought I'd never meet my CA friends and yet, I got to see you, hear you, and hug you guys!! (and laugh, cry, eat, and DRINK, LOL) I can't wait until next year!!

Pam said...

Well said! I've been missing everyone since.

Anonymous said...

HooRay!!!!! It was an awesome trip! Can't wait for the next one!!!! :o) We all deserve the break! :o)

mom of 5 said...

Oh... you wrote that so perfectly!! That was the best weekend that I will forever cherish. In fact, I just started my change jar for our next trip. :)

Karen B said...

Oh Christina! How wonderful you all got to get together and have such a great time together! You've done a great job with the girls and you all deserved a fun weekend out.

~Karen B