I mentioned in my last post that we went to Disneyland last week. We love summer- and summer vacation- but those things also mean no Disney for us! Our annual passes are blocked out all of July and part of August (and for good reason because of crowds and heat), but we are always a little sad when we know its our last trip before summer.
Because of Maddie's surgery and the way things were so crazy the last few weeks of school, our last chance to go was last Thursday- I waited until last minute to decide if we were going, based on Maddie and how she was feeling (she could have gone on Tuesday the way this girl recovered!) I made the girls understand that we were going to do a "lazy" Disney trip. That Maddie was going to be the only one to ride in the stroller and when I said enough- it was time to go home. Everyone agreed and off we went.
The girls had not seen this parade yet (our something new this visit)- so we waited, and waited, and waited for it to finally come.
The parade was good- but the kids were kinda done by the time it got there- oh well- best laid plans right? 

We actually got to go to Disney twice in June- the first time was early June and it ended up sprinkling on us! They have a new Ranch area set up near Big Thunder Railroad with a petting zoo (mostly goats). The girls loved it (especially Emily)!
This is set up as the Santa area at Christmas- Santa's house was set up as a coloring area- and who should join us but Dale! The girls were very funny talking to him- and he asked their opinion on colors to use for his drawing. We sat there for about 20 minutes just hanging out.
Chip was outside posing for pictures.
Much excitement (mostly on my part) when we discovered this sign announcing the birth of three sets of triplet goats!
Ashley on the Pooh ride
Riding the Casey Jr. train
I always try to do something new with the girls each trip (makes for a challenge for me some days)- but this day we were lucky and the Storybook Land line was short. I love this picture a nice man took for us.
We also got to meet our friends The Morgans and ride a few rides with them.

This is set up as the Santa area at Christmas- Santa's house was set up as a coloring area- and who should join us but Dale! The girls were very funny talking to him- and he asked their opinion on colors to use for his drawing. We sat there for about 20 minutes just hanging out.
Chip was outside posing for pictures.
Much excitement (mostly on my part) when we discovered this sign announcing the birth of three sets of triplet goats!
Ashley on the Pooh ride
Riding the Casey Jr. train
I always try to do something new with the girls each trip (makes for a challenge for me some days)- but this day we were lucky and the Storybook Land line was short. I love this picture a nice man took for us.
We also got to meet our friends The Morgans and ride a few rides with them.
Because of Maddie's surgery and the way things were so crazy the last few weeks of school, our last chance to go was last Thursday- I waited until last minute to decide if we were going, based on Maddie and how she was feeling (she could have gone on Tuesday the way this girl recovered!) I made the girls understand that we were going to do a "lazy" Disney trip. That Maddie was going to be the only one to ride in the stroller and when I said enough- it was time to go home. Everyone agreed and off we went.The girls did great- we got right on the train and took it to Small World- rode on Small World (I made Maddie ride in the stroller through the whole line- ignoring the stroller parking- and folded the stroller and had it on the floor of the boat). We sat and had lunch in the shade near Small World and then headed down to Main Street to have some ice cream and get a spot in the shade to see the parade.
Settled into our seats, the Ragsdale triplets joined us for the parade! We love meeting our friends at Disney!
Settled into our seats, the Ragsdale triplets joined us for the parade! We love meeting our friends at Disney!
The girls had not seen this parade yet (our something new this visit)- so we waited, and waited, and waited for it to finally come.
The parade was good- but the kids were kinda done by the time it got there- oh well- best laid plans right? 
Maddie was READY to go on more rides at this point- and I was READY to go home. We compromised on the Tiki Room (would allow the Main Street crowds to go away) and enjoyed the birds and air conditioning. (I will be able to say too that I was in the Tiki Room at Disneyland when I heard about Michael Jackson's death).

It was a fun day at Disney- we will miss it this summer- but we will be back! Rick and I have already decided that in August I will take each girl for a one-on-one date to Disneyland and let them choose the rides and events of the day~ can't wait!!!

1 comment:
OMG what fun!!!!!
Post a Comment