After many hmms and haws about it (and a few gentle pushes) I've decided to have a go at this blogging thing. I've always been interested in it (and if you ask Rick he'll tell you I'm addicted to reading other peoples' blogs) but I've always been leary about the amount of time needed to maintain a blog (and some safety concerns too). But my friend Tanya insists that its easy and since she has triplets (plus one!) and does it- well I can too! in fact- after this week I've decided I can do anything (and Tanya has something to do with that too!).


Life with triplets isn't always easy. Top it off- these are my first children- so I approach everything with that new mommy mindframe and often feel I am the last to do things with my girls because I'm nervous of how the change will affect us all (I'll blog about that another day) :)
Living in Southern California, we are spoiled with beautiful weather (it was in the 80's today!) and TONS of opportunities to get out of the house. I've prided myself on not being stuck at home because I have triplets. We go to the mall together, Sam's Club, and restaurants. However, there still are those taboo places that I shy away from when it comes to taking the girls by myself- the doctor/dentist, the park, and until this week... DISNEYLAND. Yes folks- I took the girls to Disneyland by myself this week! I wasn't sure, but the girls had a dentist appointment on Thursday and I took the day off of work for the occasion. My mom went with us to help entertain those that weren't in "the chair". Afterwards we came home, had lunch and hit Sam's Club. I had spoken with Tanya earlier and she was game for the Happiest Place on Earth if I was. The girls were EXCELLENT at the dentist (even Maddie let them touch her this time without a wrestling match) so I thought- what's the worst that could happen? Well- all kinds of scenerios went through my head, but in the end I decided that I could do it, and off we went! (Grandma had an appointment and could not join us)
I didn't tell the girls where we were going, but Maddie always seems to figure it out- as we were leaving she said, "I think we should go to Disneyland, Mommy." How could I lie? So I said- you bet we're going to Disneyland- just us! All the way there we talked about the rules and how very exciting this was and I made sure to tell them that if this went well we could do it again. We had a wonderful time and Tanya and I decided that we CAN do anything! We had 2 mommys and SEVEN children under the age of 5 (2 double strollers- Tanya has 2 year old triplets and an older son who is 4). We were there for about 3 hours total. I brought the girls' pajamas and changed them in the van before leaving so when we got home all i had to do was get them into bed. I'm proud of my girls for doing so well and listening to me and I'm proud of myself for stepping out of my comfort zone (also proud of Rick for not objecting to the idea!) So the O'Connor's score another point in the milestone system of life with triplets and I think I've found a new blog to be addicted to! Hope you'll visit often!
5 comments:
Wohoo!!! Not only are you charging fearlessly into the world solo w/triplets but now you're blogging! Yippy!
Can't wait to follow all the adventures. :
Tanya
Yay Rah! I am so proud of you .... you're joining our forces!
I'm adding you to my favorite list!
Tanya
Chris you have always been a super woman, wife, teacher, and now a super mommy. Just check your fears at the door, and everything else willl come naturally ... you might come out with a little bit of bumps and bruises but at least you did it! I always enjoy hearing about your family adventures now I will also enjoy reading about them:-) I look forward to future blogs! When in doubt go forward ...
Hi Chris - so excited to know I can follow your adventures from the east coast! I am very impressed you tackled Disneyland with the girls - I know you can do anything!
I took on WDW during Christmas break in 2006 with the two boys solo - they were a little different in age - 12&4 but I was still solo - it was fun and crazy at the same time!
Can't wait to read more!
Sheryl in CT
Yay, glad you've joined us Christina! And congrats on doing it! It's never as bad as we expect it to be is it...usually anyway. :)
Post a Comment