Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Early FFF- Oh Baby Baby Baby!

I'm posting my Favorite Foto Friday early this week because Friday is a very special day~ it's going to be my 100th post! I can't believe that I've already hit that milestone in just seven months! So check back on Friday for a very special post!
Update: You can CLICK HERE to view my 100th post!
Sarah chose "Oh Baby" for this week's FFF- and challenged us to post the earliest baby picture of our "babies". I'm posting the first picture more for the time stamp- this is me on the way to deliver- yep they made me walk! LOL That's all baby out front x3! Yes I was that large! The time stamp is an hour off- it was really 6 pm when i went in- but its the minutes to pay attention to...

Here are Emily, Ashley and Madeline minutes after they were born. (they were here in 3 minutes total- each with their own minute 6:19, 6:20 and 6:21p.m.- that was FAST from when i walked in!). I was almost 36 weeks along in the pregnancy when they were born, but we were still so worried about them considering the circumstances (and we had a scare earlier in the day with Baby B- who ended up being Ashley). It wasn't until this moment captured below that I KNEW they were going to be OK.

The fact that all 3 girls (we didn't know what we were having so 3 girls was a total surprise!) were healthy, breathing on their own and the nurses and doctors were so relaxed about it all was a huge relief to me. After this picture the nurses (we had 19 people in the delivery room with us) put all 3 in the same bassinet and then let Rick go and get our family (and we had the waiting room full) to meet the girls for the first time! No one was expecting that, a true blessing to be able to see them on their way to the NICU.

Check out the time stamp- only 42 minutes after I walked in to deliver the girls were wheeled into the hallway to meet the family!

Emily (A) with her eyes open checking out the family, Ashley (B) still squished in the middle and Madeline (C) smallest at birth (by 2 oz.) and biggest today. (And yes- that is masking tape!)


And below is a week later- our next family shot in the NICU, I had been on prednisone for a rash so I hate these pictures of me because I'm so swollen, but I love them just the same because they are of my babies! Rick is holding Emily and Ashley, I have Maddie (with her little toe peeking out).What a wild ride this is turning out to be!

If you would like to see more "Oh Baby" pictures make sure to visit Sarah's blog!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the birth pictures!!!!

Hannah said...

So cute. I love how they have big A, B, and C stickers on them!!

Hannah

Lisa and Madeline said...

Hey there! I have not forgotten about my California girls. Life has been so busy and I am on catching up on blogging.

The pictures tell an awesome story! WOW, not many people experience the birth of triplets. How awesome is that. So did you not want to know the sexes of the babies? They are all so cute and were so small. Time does fly, doesn't it?

That delivery was fast. I walked into the operating room around 7:30 (Madeline was a breech baby so I had a c-section also) and she was born at 7:52pm. I remeber that moment like it was last week. The first time I saw her they were weighing her.

I hope all is well and that you have a great weekend. I caught up on all your past blogs too--2 washing machines/dryers- to the garage- I need to do some cleaning like that myself.

Lisa & Madeline

Dena said...

Look at A B C! love it!

Rena said...

Love the precious pictures!

Kara said...

Amazing pictures. What a great outcome!!! Three beautiful little girls.
Best wishes,
Kara
www.hanksadoption.blogspot.com

Bree said...

OMG!!! How sweet they are!!

Sarah said...

What an awesome moment... I can only imagine how that must have felt times three!!! LOVE all the pictures, especially of you just moments before you life changes for forever!

Violet said...

Wow! Beautiful girls! How special is that, 3 little girls!