Wednesday, September 10, 2008

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!

We did it! And we survived! One day down- about 170 to go! :) The girls were so excited to get up this morning to get ready for school! I'm going to enjoy that while it lasts for sure! Here are pictures of my sleepy heads...
Ashley and Madeline always have allergies in the morning- poor things!
Breakfast time!
All dressed up and ready to go!

EMILY
ASHLEY
MADELINE Such big girls- where did the time go?



Daddy was able to come with us to see the girls to their room. Here we are in the office waiting to walk down the hall to their class.
We were the first ones there so we were able to orient the girls to the room- of course we had to check out the bathroom!
The girls got to meet their teacher and get their name tags And then they got to explore the room... Emily found the scissors first thing, we told Mrs. O that she would have to keep an eye on Emily- she's like having triplets all by herself! (When I picked the girls up later, Mrs. O told me we were right! LOL)
Then it was time for carpet time and morning routine. Rick and I kissed the girls and walked out! They didn't even notice! Picking the girls up- they did great but Maddie didn't want to leave.
Mommy took them to Claim Jumper for lunch to celebrate!
And then we went home to do... HOMEWORK!
Emily showing me her work from class. When Aunt Susie came by this afternoon and asked how school was, Emily's response was, "I learned I have to listen!" YES!!!!
Below she is doing her homework- tracing straight lines... Maddie with her classwork and doing her homework
Ashley with her classwork and doing her homework
So all in all it was a good day! The girls are excited about going back tomorrow! I took the day off of work today so tomorrow will be the true test of getting us all out the door and all on time to our respective classrooms. Rick and I had breakfast together this morning and kind of sat in disbelief of it all. Our babies are growing up!
Here is a quick video of Maddie reading the poem I was supposed to read to her for homework: Yep- our Maddie girl is reading!!!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I have tears in my eyes!! I can't believe it!!! They are so grown now!!! Maddie did a great job reading the poem and the other two look thrilled to be doing homework ;-)
Hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the girls on the first day of school!! Dont tell them but they have about 14 plus years to go! LOL

Hugs,Leslie

The Morgan Mommy said...

Oh goodness they are all grown up! Atleast Emily accepted she needs to listen to the teacher...Jadens first day she gave her teacher a dirty look at pick up and told me "Mommy, my teacher told me NO!" LOL
wohooo to a great first day girls!

mom of 5 said...

What a great first day for them! Yeah - no tears!!! It's great when they want to stay and love school! I love all of the pics, too.

Pam said...

Wow, your girls are growing up...and reading?! Awesome. Congrats on a great first day.