Friday, November 21, 2008

FFF #? For Crying Out Loud!

It's still Friday- so I am barely making Favorite Foto Friday this week- yes I missed last week- we had the flu :( ALL of us, in fact it started on Friday of my last FFF (so my apologies for not commenting on other FFF posts!). We are recovered, but Rick has a terrible cold now that we are hoping the girls avoid. On the fire side of things, Michelle and Mike were spared and were just a block away from being evacuated. The girls and I drove out there yesterday and it was scary how CLOSE the fires came to their home. Our hearts go out to all those that lost homes. :(

So here is my favorite "Crying" picture- we get to pick on Emily this week (though Ashley will get a shout out later). I love the progression of the cry- poor dear, I'm sure her sisters offended her in some way-- these were taken Summer 2007... so sweet!

On another note- we had a "For crying out loud" moment this week when Ashley came to me and said, "Look mommy, no more bangs!" AHHHHHH! You guessed it- hair cut! Sigh- we knew it was coming and thankfully we already had our family portraits done last weekend- phew. It's not as bad as it could have been - I know we are lucky!


How can you be mad at this face- she got half of her bangs that we were trying to grow out and some of the sides, she was devastated with being in trouble (even tried to hide the hair in the pretend refrigerator) and Emily made sure to tell on her to the teacher the next day. She still tears up a bit when we discuss it-I think at this point I'm going to leave them as is rather than trying to "fix" them as I'm not sure it can happen at this point~ "Oh for cryin' out loud!"

Too see more Crying Out Loud pictures make sure you visit Sarah's blog! Have a great weekend! I'm going to see Twilight with my mom, sister and Joann (and hopefully Phyllis if she is feeling better)- can't wait! Hugs!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cute girls! I remember when my little girl cut her hair too. Your so mad but it's funny at the same time!
Have a good weekend!

Jennifer said...

What is it about kids that makes them feel they HAVE to cut their hair? Last year M hid behind the living room curtains and gave herself a mullet! It was horrible and I had to cut the rest off so it would be even. If you look at my latest blog post, there is a picture of her on her 4th birthday and you'll see how short her hair was. And that was AFTER it had grown back in for 3 months!

Funny story (although it wasn't funny when it happened)...

I used to teach preschool and my co-teacher told me a story about a time when she taught at a different school. She had her stations set up for the day and one of the stations was "Arts & Crafts" with paper, kid scissors, markers, etc. Another station was "Beauty Parlor" with rollers, brushes, old curling iron without the cord, etc. While she wasn't looking, one of the pairs of scissors made its way to the Beauty Parlor. The "customer" was a little girl with a VERY long braid. The "stylist" cut the braid off at the nape of the neck. YIKES! Imagine being the teacher and trying to explain the little girl's new hairdo to her mom! That taught me to never, ever play Beauty Parlor and Arts & Crafts at the same time! LOL!!!

Anyway Ashley is adorable even with whacky bangs! And by the way - thanks for the coupon emails! I love 'em!!

Sarah said...

Oh.... it seems like they all have to go through that at least once... cutting their hair, that is. Such a temptation! The crying pictures are too funny!

Anonymous said...

awwwww what a sweet cry face poor girl!!!

Kids and scissors are a bad mix my sister used to cut her barbies hair off but i dont think she did in on herself!!! CUTE!

P.S im glad you guys are safe there in CA..Im praying for the ones that werent so lucky!
Leslie