Saturday, January 31, 2009

Emily and Her Lizard

We had much needed rain the end of last week: Thur- Sat. Then Sunday we had one of those BEAUTIFUL after rain days- clear skies, clean air- heavenly! Of course we spent the afternoon outside- ignoring the chores that needed to be done indoors. I did decide to tackle a project in our back yard- this huge geranium bush!It's huge! We haven't really done much with our backyard- it was Max's yard and he ruled the roost. You can say then that we have let some things go in the backyard- this bush included! SO I took advantage of our great weather- loaded bubble stuff for the girls and attacked the bush.I found all kinds of interesting things within the bush- Max toys, bowls, a bucket, paint cans... The girls were playing nicely it was great! Towards the end of the day I was raking and found a lizard among the leaves. Emily was right next to me- so I pointed it out. To my surprise- she walked right over, bent over and picked it UP!She was very proud of herself- the lizard wasn't too happy but was cooperating for the moment. It was pretty rigid and just stayed in one position.Emily then passed the lizard to Ashley-Who decided it should be let free...Emily wasn't so sure- so she picked it back up again (wasn't a very quick lizard- in fact- he was pretty plump- so I imagine the bush has been a good home for him). She placed him in one of the buckets near by and decided that was his home. Finally we were able to convince her that he should be free ("but he will miss me" was her reply). We let her take the bucket over to another garden area (to be tackled at a later date) and set him free.

And here is the final result of my efforts...

Its a hearty bush and is already sprouting some new buds. I think it will come back just fine. The lizard on the other hand- not so sure!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Now...that's a brave girl! I would be afraid the thing would bite them...do lizards bite??? How cute though!

Anonymous said...

OMG they are soooooo brave...ewwwwww not me!!!

Hugs,leslie

Mama Eve said...

Oh God, Oh God, Oh God.....I would have run. But Emma would have picked it up and told him a story. She's the animal whisperer in our house. Roman would have petted it as well....but Jacob would have run to hide behind me, behind the fridge. LOL!!!!

Anonymous said...

I got you award go to my thursday blog and check it out!

hugs,leslie

The Morgan Mommy said...

Ewwwwwwwwwwww, you were so brave to take pictures, I would have scared them or had to hide in the house! lol