Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Meet Leo!

Remember our plum tree?

It now looks like this.... bending to the ground from the weight of the fruit! This is by far the best year we've had with the fruit on these trees!


The fruit is almost ready to eat, in fact I've been able to take a few plums off to sample with great reviews from the girls...

Max is also enjoying the plums that fall off the tree, I won't share the details of Max's experience with eating all my parent's concord grapes that fell to the ground a few years ago- but i will tell you it wasn't pretty! So we'll see how he does with plums- especially since he is older now. LOL Might actually be good for him!However... we also have these in the backyard...
Max used to chase them out of the yard- all day long- now that he is a "senior" he really doesn't care about sharing space with them, so Max considers himself retired.

Well, they are now EATING all the plums before they fall SOOOO- meet Max's replacement, Leo!
He is a great horned plastic owl (but we don't hold that against him). Maddie and I came up with the name. Sort of inspired by Little Einsteins Leo. He's doing an ok job at warding off the birds- I think they sit on the fence and laugh at me as I move him around- and then attack the tree as soon as i leave. There really are so many plums that there is no way we'll be able to eat them all, but I'd like to get some!

2 comments:

The Morgan Mommy said...

Well Hi Leo! MMMmmmmmmm those plums look great! So many!!!

Lisa and Madeline said...

YUMMY. How awesome is that to have a plum tree in your backyard. I love LEO. What is funny is at first I thought he was real so it would have scared me too.

My parents have a backyard with lots of trees and all kinds of birds and feeder. Well their big problem is the squirrels. Mom as bought feeders now that are squirrel proof, but the still get into her flowers and tease the birds. It's actually kinda fun to watch them all.

I hope you enjoy your vacation. I am home from work today, Madeline is running a fever. School starts here August 13th and will be here before we know it. See you on FFF.
Lisa & Madeline