Tuesday, June 17, 2008

WOW! and YAHOO!

I'm so proud of my Maddie girl! On Sunday she WROTE HER NAME, by herself (I didn't even have to tell her the letters) on my dad's Father's Day card! Do you know what a HUGE relief this is???? PHEW! The one thing I said to myself after we chose "Madeline" for one of the girls' names was that we must be crazy to pick such a LONG name! I was not looking forward to teaching her and LOOK! She did it herself! It's not perfect- but its pretty close in my book!That's one smart cookie! Being a good mommy- I made my dad give the card back so i could scan it and take her picture with it. He will get to keep the original of course!I am also really proud of Emily! We went to a party on Saturday and she really wanted to ride a WHITE horse (remember Emily is my animal lover). Luckily there were 2 white horses (phew!) so I let her pick which one (there were 4 horses total- so we got first choice anyway). Didn't my LITTLE girl (she's the smallest of the 3) choose the BIGGEST dang horse I've ever seen? No fear! She got up there and looked as comfortable as could be! Madeline rode a smaller horse and with gusto was throwing her arm out saying "yahoo!" and moving her feet saying, "giddy up!" Ashley was a tad nervous so we put her on the small, sweet DONKEY. Her face is priceless in the pictures- you can tell she's not thrilled LOL but i'm still proud of her for doing it!!

A few more pictures from the party- while the girls were waiting for the puppet show- I'll post more on the party later with some more pics.

4 comments:

The Morgan Mommy said...

Wohooooooooooo Maddie, or in her own words.....Yehaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Lisa and Madeline said...

My little MADELINE was writing her name this time last year too. It is amazing how fast they learn things and that our little girls with the long 8 letter name know it in no-time. Great job Madeline.

Love the horse pictures. Looks like all your girls had a ball. I just love the pictures of all 3 of them together. Your girls always amaze me, and you do to for having 3 girls!

Faithful Froggers said...

Okay, I am really behind on visiting my favorite blogs - but I just took a moment to get all caught up with yours!!

How awesome that you got to meet Jennifer!! I am so jealous - wish I could have been there, too. :)

Loved all the blooper shots - it is so hard to get a good picture of all 3, isn't it??

Hope you guys have a great weekend!

Jennifer said...

Hi Christina!
We're home. I wanted to try to catch up with you guys again but it got so hectic. Our trip up to San Francisco was a whirlwind but we had fun! The kids loved Disney & Legoland (I think it was Peter Pan where M got her head stuck in the gate).

YAY for Madeline!! Isn't that fun when they surprise you like that! They are such little cuties and we had so much fun with you guys!

I have to sort through over 500 pictures before I make a post on our trip but I can't wait to post about our little meeting!!

Have a good weekend!!