Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 3~ Parents!

Today I am feeling very grateful for my parents. They are two amazing people! My mom and dad are my heroes and role models- as individuals and as a couple. They have always put family first. I can't begin to tell you how much love and support they have given to Rick and me over the years, and even more so once the girls arrived.
I love living down the street from my parents and the fact that they are so involved in their granddaughters' lives.

On May 30, 2010 my parents celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary! We got to witness my parents renew their wedding vows. I haven't blogged about this huge event, but I am so happy that we were able to celebrate such a huge milestone with them. The entire family traveled to Connecticut for a week. The party took place in the same room my parents had their wedding reception 40 years ago with many of the same people in attendance again. (note the submarine!) We laughed, we shared stories, we celebrated, they danced and we were happy. For the girls, it was their first major trip- airplanes and all and they did fantastic! We had an amazing week and I am so grateful for my parents and their dedication to their wedding vows. Congratulations Mom and Dad! We love you!

1 comment:

Michelle.Jarboe said...

Awe... I am loving the daily posts!!! I think we are all very thankful for John and Sue... they are my California parents and Emma's California grandparents!!! We are so thankful that you guys are in our lives!!! Love you!