Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 7~ Totally Rad 80's music!


We had a dance at the girls' school last night for PTA membership- I am on the PTA Board this year as historian- and this year's dance theme was "The 80's". Whoa! Talk about a blast from the past! Funniest part is- Rick and I were students at the same school the girls are at in the 80's! To be in the cafeteria all these years later- with our own children- was a bit surreal.
I LOVE music- almost any kind (though ask Michelle and she will tell you my feelings on country LOL). The 80's were a great decade for music- Michael Jackson, Madonna, Wham, Oingo Boingo... the list goes on and on! To say music was and is a big part of my life is an understatement- so I was in heaven last night and so thankful that we were able to go!
The DJ played great music all night long (YES! Thank you!) and some people really got into the 80's spirit with their outfits. After dealing with sick kids for 2 weeks- I was burnt out and did not do the best job on outfits- but I know the girls didn't care- they were happy to go and see all their friends and their teacher and dance! So today I am thankful for music and its influence on my children and me!

No comments: