Sunday, May 18, 2008

I Love a Parade!

Did you know that Torrance has the longest running Armed Forces Day parade in America? Pretty cool! The first time I went to the parade was because I was in it! HS Marching band- some 5+ years after we had moved here! I went once more after high school with friends and then didn't go back until we had the girls and took them. Its a lot of fun, not what you'd expect and this year was no exception! Our local mall sets up an area for exhibits and displays- last year the girls got a ride by one of the expensive robots:Our first Parade

This year's parade:
This is how Ashley watched a lot of the parade this year


Maddie liked the dancers/drill teams

This year we invited the Morgan family to join us for the day- they met us at the parade and then BBQ'ed with us at our house (and we got a chance to cool them off since it is so HOT right now) We then took a quick trip to the mall for some up close pictures before the MP's kicked us out (though I think we intimidated them a bit with our SEVEN children aged 4 and 2 and just the two mommies). One Marine said to me- I've never seen triplets before! And I got to say- we'll now you've seen 2 sets in one day!
We came back to the house and had birthday cake for Trevor and everyone was on their way- don't know about Tanya's group- but mine were asleep in 2 minutes!
We have another crazy week ahead of us and next weekend we have a big treat! Look out San Diego and Shamu- here we come! :)

1 comment:

mom of 5 said...

It looks like you had a great day! I especially liked the picture with the MP's. I couldn't tell who was smiling more, them or the kids!
Sheri