
A few years ago (ok it was more like 5 or 6 years ago) I had the honor of walking with some of my school collegues in the Los Angeles Revlon Run/Walk for Breast Cancer. It was an amazing day and the emotions it brought about are indescribable! Since then I have not been able to participate- but I have a couple friends that continue to walk and I am so grateful that they do. Being a mom to 3 girls is wonderful- but it is also very scary conisidering that there still is no cure for breast cancer! i encourage you to visit this site daily to fund mamograms- i have it bookmarked in my "daily visits" folder on my computer- it takes a few seconds a day!


Also- if you are in the position to donate I hope you will consider giving to one of my friends or anyone you know that may be walking.
My friend Mikael is running- I have known Mikael since 6th grade. She knows me better than most people and we have been through so much together (she also introduced me to Michelle! LOVE her for that!) Mikael loves cows and I just think its hysterical (she might not) that Madeline just came in here while I was posting the pictures of Mikael, and said, "That's your friend cow!" LOL Sorry Mikael- I did correct her! Mikael is an avid supporter of finding a cure. To donate to Mikael DeWitt (Bib # 10512), click here
9th grade (me) 10th grade (Mikael)

Playing playdough with the girls this past Christmas!
My friend Shari is walking- I have known Shari since getting my teaching credential in 1997, we were student teachers together and Shari was one of my bridesmaids. She has two darling boys that my girls love having over. Shari also runs a cookie business "Cookie Cutters". Some of the best cookies ever! Shari is also determined to find a cure! To donate to Shari Vuoso (Bib # 12794), click here
Shari and her friend at last year's walk! This was on a flyer that Shari received from Revlon!

Also, please consider signing THIS petition. The petition urges Congress to pass legislature to end "drive through" mastecomies and give patients a chance to recover in the care of a hospital. Many women go home within 48 hours of their surgery!
Let me know if you have any problems with the links!
Ok- off my soapbox now- give the ladies in your life a hug tonight and tell them you love them! Don't forget to THINK PINK!

Also, please consider signing THIS petition. The petition urges Congress to pass legislature to end "drive through" mastecomies and give patients a chance to recover in the care of a hospital. Many women go home within 48 hours of their surgery!
Let me know if you have any problems with the links!
Ok- off my soapbox now- give the ladies in your life a hug tonight and tell them you love them! Don't forget to THINK PINK!

No comments:
Post a Comment