Friday, July 18, 2008

Been one of those days!

We didn't get a good night's sleep last night. That is usually an indicator that the following day isn't going to go well- mommy needs her sleep- well- mommy needs at least 5 hours uninterrupted sleep to perform to my normal "mommy level" with coffee. So needless to say, since I was up from 1 a.m. to 4 a.m every 5-20 minutes with Ashley and Emily, I did not get that needed sleep. Not sure what it was all about- Ashley started with saying she had a bad dream, then she had to go potty, then she needed her Wiggles slippers (mind you it's 80 degrees in the house at the time!)- so we said no- that caused a major meltdown, then she just wanted to cuddle with us, which prompted Emily to try and cuddle with us (our bed just isn't that big enough when its warm) so we nixed that and put everyone back to bed. Still no luck getting her back to sound sleep, so i ended up on the couch with her until she got into that sound sleep (and I was a sweaty mess in need of a shower) and I moved her back into her bed and i went back to mine. They slept in a bit this morning- 7:30 that is. Sigh... so mommy was grumpy today. Top things off, Emily was on a mission to get into TROUBLE today (I really need to get her one of those "here comes Trouble" tshirts). She did the exact opposite of whatever I told her usually with her signature "WHY?" as she did it. Grrrr, yes folks- we've hit the "WHY?" stage. Sure thought we had managed to avoid it! She broke the blinds in her room- removed a couple pieces and has yet to find them- sigh!

So to top the day off even more we had this little issue this afternoon:Yep- its STUCK!So funny until you try to pull it off!
Little soap and it popped right off- BUT since she was such a trouble maker today I made her wait so I could take a picture- ya- you can see she was really bothered by it! LOL What a ham! When I closed the camera she did ask nicely, "Can we get it off now?" Popped right off with lots of giggles...So there you have it! They sure gave me a run for my money today! Maybe we should start keeping score? Triplets 1, Mommy 0.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Hope you had a better night last night. They are very busy at that age! Brenda stuck a little plastic ball up her nose, and while we were at the hospital getting it removed (waiting 4 hours in ER!), she jumped off the bed and hit her head on a trolley, so there was blood all over too!

Erickson 5 said...

Days like this are hard but we all go through them. Thanks for your honesty as it makes me feel better that I am not the only one with days like this!

Smile!

Jennifer said...

Well...even when she's a stinker. she is SO CUTE! That little grin is too much!

The Morgan Mommy said...

Gotta love those days! Look at the bright side....Maddie gave you the day off :)