"ladies and gentlemen...presenting, ...
...the dancing girl!"

Ashley actually made me introduce her this way tonight after dinner! She loves to dress up and she loves to dance!
We LOVE to dance in the O'Connor house! Some more than others- but still when the perfect song comes on- who can resist dancing or at least shaking your thing a little? Getting pictures of the girls dancing is another story! One day I envision we will have dance recitals and school performances- for now we have our daily silly stuff. The girls love to play dress up. They get to be princesses and I get to be Prince Charming and take them to the ball. We take turn spinning each other in the kitchen. I love moments like that- especially when we are so involved I don't even think about trying to get a picture!
Have you noticed the David Cook music I use on the blog? My girls LOVE David Cook (ok- i do too). The amazing thing is that they watched one show from this season's American Idol- the finale. The next day I put on one of his songs and Ashley starts dancing saying "this is David Cook, i like him!" She has a very special David Cook dance that she does with her arm- this is a picture of what it looks like: (picture her pumping her arm up and down along with her knees bouncing)



Make sure you check out Sarah's blog to see a list of more Dancing pictures! We hope you all have a safe and fun 4th of July Weekend! We are going non-stop so I'm sure I'll have lots to post next week! We had our first trip to the beach this past week! What a difference a year makes! We actually got to sit this time! Yep- its going to be a great summer! Happy 4th!
...the dancing girl!"

Ashley actually made me introduce her this way tonight after dinner! She loves to dress up and she loves to dance!
We LOVE to dance in the O'Connor house! Some more than others- but still when the perfect song comes on- who can resist dancing or at least shaking your thing a little? Getting pictures of the girls dancing is another story! One day I envision we will have dance recitals and school performances- for now we have our daily silly stuff. The girls love to play dress up. They get to be princesses and I get to be Prince Charming and take them to the ball. We take turn spinning each other in the kitchen. I love moments like that- especially when we are so involved I don't even think about trying to get a picture!
Have you noticed the David Cook music I use on the blog? My girls LOVE David Cook (ok- i do too). The amazing thing is that they watched one show from this season's American Idol- the finale. The next day I put on one of his songs and Ashley starts dancing saying "this is David Cook, i like him!" She has a very special David Cook dance that she does with her arm- this is a picture of what it looks like: (picture her pumping her arm up and down along with her knees bouncing)
Ashley also became famous among family and friends for her Lowrider dance at Christmas time:
Then there is Madeline- Maddie loves to copy dance moves- she will not sit still to watch a video anymore- she has to act out every scene down to the simplest choreography- and she's usually dead on! I had to stop letting her watch "So You Think You Can Dance" because she was copying everything down to the spectacular falls and jumps and I was afraid she'd really hurt herself! So for now we stick to the Wiggles:



And then there is Emily! Emily loves to do the booty dance- especially at Disneyland or CA Adventure. This video was taken on our trip to CA Adventure for their 3rd birthday (how young they look!) Emily still loves to do the booty dance- and often does it on Main Street for all to see! We were at the mall this week picking up their 4th of July shirts and the outdoor promenade had the Hooters song "And we Danced" playing- some great booty shaking there too! Sadly my camera is being repaired (I told you I was rough on my cameras right?) so I only have my spare camera which is too large to stick in my purse- so no pictures from that outing...
Make sure you check out Sarah's blog to see a list of more Dancing pictures! We hope you all have a safe and fun 4th of July Weekend! We are going non-stop so I'm sure I'll have lots to post next week! We had our first trip to the beach this past week! What a difference a year makes! We actually got to sit this time! Yep- its going to be a great summer! Happy 4th!



11 comments:
Love your post with the videos. You really do get a true feeling of "dancin" with movement. I need to figure out how to do that (video uploading)
Madeline was so cute danncing to Wiggles. She was really trying to do what they did! My Madeline used to watch them all the time. They had such fun music.
Ashley was so cute doing her low-rider moves. Then I love how she tried to get a cookie-even one of her sisters said they were tired too in the backround and tried for that cookie also LOL.
Then boogie Emily. Gotta love the boogie move. Looks like she was the only one interested in dancing that day LOL.
OH, and I was (and still like) a HOOTERS fan. Love the song choice! "And we danced". It brought back HS and college memories. Perfect song with the post.
Sorry for the long post, I wanted to make sure I saw and commented on each of your girls. Have a great 4th- lucky you for the good weather.
Lisa & Madeline
They are too sweet, love the videos!
I love the cute pictures!!!
How do you tell them apart?It's a stupid question,you are the mother,of course you know them very well.I think they look alike tooo much!:))Cool!
What a great FFF post! My favorite is the Booty Dance - how cute! I love how she bends at the knees to shake it!!
Peace and Hugs,
Becca
Wow they rock!!!!!! Love the pretty princess dress!!!
Have a safe 4th!
Great videos ... love the song choices - girls after my own haert - and love the twirling and booty shaking - they are all so cute! Happy 4th of July!
Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2 TOO!
Too fun! Everyone looks like they're having a BALL!!!
"Can I have a cookie because I'm really tired..." TOOOO FUNNY!!!! I wish I could use that excuse!!!
If you don't mind me asking, what was happening with Maddie that required an EEG? What was the end result (if any)? I'm grasping at anything that might give me a clue as to what is going on with K. I'm doing a 180 on the meds idea now too. I'm so confused!!!!!!
What awesome dancin divas you have! Love all the videos!
Too cute!! They definitely know how to dance!!
Robyn
Thats my girls!! I knew I passed on my dancing genes to my goddaughter!!!! lol hahaha go Ashley Bean!!!! Ok... Maddie and Emily have the grooves too but my little Ashley can really move ;-) Hugs!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment